View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 08:04 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default citicoline and alpha-GPC supplement effectiveness

Has anyone had success with citicoline and alpha-GPC supplements?

I am reasonably sure that I have developed Myasthenia Gravis as a side effect of immunotherapy. No blood tests yet, but my oncologist thinks I have MG from the immunotherapy.

My main issues are general fatigue, weakness, tingling, facial paralysis on my left side (same side as my cancer), difficulty chewing and swallowing. All of these symptoms are confounded by previous treatments (partial glossectomy with free flap reconstruction, radiation, radical neck dissection, etc etc etc) and a growing tumor that have left my tongue/throat in generally bad shape. I was down to a liquid only diet, and was considering a PEG tube.

After leaving an immunotherapy clinical trial but before being diagnosed with MG, I started taking citicoline and alpha-GPC to fight chemobrain. After taking one dose of 150mg each, I woke up the next morning with no tingling in my face, less facial paralysis (I also have paralysis issues from my last surgery), and chewing and swallowing returned to where they were before the immunotherapy.

I've had the tingling, facial paralysis, chewing and swallowing come back a little bit for a few hours at a time, but citicoline and alpha-GPC twice per day seem to be keeping it under control. Fatigue and weakness also seem to be diminishing. Also taking prednisone, but started that days earlier.
gpbarnett is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote