View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Anne, thank you for your response and your concern. I am taking this very serious.

My PCP bloodwork came back and so far the only thing off is my b12, which could create the symptoms i am having. I'm hoping that is all. I also have G6PDD, which could make the symptoms of low b12 a bit worse.

My antibody bloodwork is due back tomorrow and i should hear from my nuero ophthalmologist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Brodi,

Sorry you haven't had a response yet. Given your most recent symptoms, I highly suggest that you go to the ER for evaluation. If you have MG, those signs could indicate an exacerbation or a MG crisis. Numbness or tingling can indicate not enough oxygen getting to your tissues.

In the ER, they can check your O2, do pulmonary function tests, an arterial blood gas, and do a good neurological exam. They can also do an Ice Pack Test.

Napping is one of the first signs of MG. When a person with MG can't stay awake, that is a warning sign of an impending exacerbation or crisis. The difference between those two? Bad and worse! Either one should make you seek out care in an ER—by dialing 911. Don't drive. Driving when MG is bad is like driving drunk.

Call the doctor's office back (after you seek help) and ask the doctor to call back. The other staff are not legally able to give you results. I know that sounds silly and ridiculous, but it is necessary. Not all patients respond well to test results.

MG can be deceptive. You might think you are "ok" when you aren't. The best place for you is in an ER.

We can all talk to you after you get some help!

Annie
brodi3man is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-08-2017)