Thread: L-Lysine
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 10:35 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Mrs. D,
I suffered from outbreaks of cold sores since childhood. The familiar throbbingi would give me warning.....for some time I took an over the counter gel (can't recall the name). While at work one day, a co-worked mentioned his aunt worked in an area of supplements and mentioned L-lysine. Also mentioned I should take for preventative of coldsores and to take as soon as this feeling starts. It really help in most instances stop the coldsore from coming on. I took 500 to 1000 mg tablets. Still have a bottle in my cabinet.

Eventually got a prescription for Denavir which worked very well and would apply as soon as the throbbing started which usually stopped the coldsore from coming up. Since that worked so well, I eventually stopped using the Llysine. For the past few years, my outbreaks have lessened. I still carry a small tube of Denavir with me for just in case purposes.

I get a flu shot but always decline getting the one for Shingles. I fear that I will activate the virus and don't want to take the chance this will start a series of problems or even cause the Shingles.

I deal with Peripheral Neuropathy and take pain meds; but never really considered the L-Lysine as a supplement. Now am wondering if I should start taking the Lysine on a daily basis.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote