View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 03:25 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batbite24 View Post
monkeyman, what happened with the monkey anyway? You said you were scratched. Was the monkey in the wild? In an animal park? Was there no way to confine and watch or necropsy and test the monkey for rabies so that you might have been spared the vaccine? In my case, I was definitely bitten by a bat. The bat may or may not have been rabid, we'll never know because we never caught it. I was VERY unwilling to bet on the health or lack thereof of my bat. As we all know, with rabies there's no "wait and see if symptoms present." Just curious as to what happened to you and the monkey.
That's right, Batbite. It's all about the money!

I was at the monkey temple in Katmandu, Nepal. There was no signs/warnings around about the monkeys. But as I approached the temple, I noticed they were stalking me because I had a banana. They were so aggressive that one pounced to grab the banana and within seconds I noticed some bleeding. Shocked and in a panic, I ran down to ask a policewoman about the monkeys and she told me they had rabies. Though there was some dispute about this at one of the local hospitals I went to, whereas doctors at the other said that they not only had rabies, but other deadly viruses too...they also had 2000($) reasons to convince me to get the HRIG.

The monkey looked healthy...I'm not a simian expert by any means, but by contrast to the small and cute ones I encountered in South America, the monkeys in South Asia are much larger and more hostile.
monkeyman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote