View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 07:33 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
That's right, Batbite. It's all about the money!

I was at the monkey temple in Katmandu, Nepal. There was no signs/warnings around about the monkeys. But as I approached the temple, I noticed they were stalking me because I had a banana. They were so aggressive that one pounced to grab the banana and within seconds I noticed some bleeding. Shocked and in a panic, I ran down to ask a policewoman about the monkeys and she told me they had rabies. Though there was some dispute about this at one of the local hospitals I went to, whereas doctors at the other said that they not only had rabies, but other deadly viruses too...they also had 2000($) reasons to convince me to get the HRIG.

The monkey looked healthy...I'm not a simian expert by any means, but by contrast to the small and cute ones I encountered in South America, the monkeys in South Asia are much larger and more hostile.
That's quite an adventure story! Reminds me of my globe trotting adventurous middle child...scuba diving blue holes in the Carribbean, feeding wolf eels in the Pacific Northwest, traveling Europe...South America...gives me gray hair and wrinkles, but then I have to remind myself that that is how I raised the kids...to grab opportunities and go for it.

I too wonder why I wasn't offered steroids as an option to the myoclonus, but now that it seems to be tapering off on its own, that's kind of a moot point. Hope your spinal tap is uneventful, but productive of useful information.
Batbite24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
monkeyman (10-08-2017)