View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 03:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Like you Gerry, I can't help but wonder, however a very big part of me says no it can't be, this hemotoma happens to be in the exact spot where I had the hematoma in 2001 that turned to septacemia in 2001. It is also where I developed the MRSA in 2001 & is the site of the temporary bag.

The incisional entry point for the whole procedure is above the navel & is allegedly where he has entwined the latest & greatest Agrade mesh (of which I know nothing) but having read all the report reviews none have complained of him other than his secretary expects payment beforehand. I didnt pay in advance, none of my other surgeons expect it...

Anyway, where the hemotoma is, - I saw it last night even though I was supposed to be twilight sedated I could see it all, there were 2 & they said they were connected & "communicating". He drained 10ml of yuck last night in surgery & said it was very hard to get out, they closed it up with the external drain & overnight it drained 100ml. But as I said, the aspiration requirement quickly changed to don't touch, gown up etc. the drain was removed at 1pm today, it's very sore, the site where the platt line tap went in is sore, but still the predominant pain remains underneath the skin in the quadrant where I had that trouble all those years ago.

Narula Neurosurgeon a lot happier & communicative today, he indicated depending on how well my spine recovers, he may go the L5/S1 posterior route down the track, not all is over we're his words. He is very pleased given all I have going on how I'm complying with physio & the effort I'm putting in.

I don't even want to think hernias /mesh. All I think of is you and your trauma since so I've stuck my head in the denial bucket & if I have to look at it I will, otherwise, I'm sticking with MRSA has been known to lay dormant in pockets of cells for years long after it's been thought to have cleared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Pam,
You have been through so much. Can't help but wonder if the hernia work/repair?/mesh has anything to do with the gut pain.

Maybe the surgeon who did the abdominal hernias/mesh last week at the same time you were under having the spine surgery may be able to get some idea what might be going on in this area.

Even tho I had rectal cancer surgery in 2012; My abdominal pain problems were and are still much worse since the 3 abdominal hernias repair/mesh surgery in 2015. My spine pain from previous/fusion/laminectomy, as well as PN are no where nearly as painful as my abdominal pain .

Hope you don't mind my bringing this up; especially since your "gut" pain is much worse than the spinal fusion pain.

Last edited by PamelaJune; 10-04-2017 at 09:02 PM.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (10-04-2017)