View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 10:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default not a false alarm unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
my pharmacist can't get the mylan brand. also says not a lot of regular 25/100 mylan C/L available. here's the official shortage notice from the FDA. 'this is just slightly alarming, is one generic mfg buying up all the raw materials? sorry if this info turns out to be wrong and it's a false alarm.

FDA Drug Shortages
We have experienced this shortage in Pittsburgh with the 25/100 mylan C/L. My mom's pharmacist can't get any. My sister ended up tracking down 30 or so pills at a pharmacy in Philadelphia, and she was able to get them for my mom with her prescription and her insurance information. So a short-term solution for you could be asking friends or relatives in other cities to ask at their pharmacies? Seems like just a temporary fix, though -- and just a matter of time until the shortage becomes nationwide.

We tried calling the manufacturer, etc. and all they said was "supply chain issue." Not having the Mylan 25/100 for a few days really was a setback for my mom and I'm worried about what will happen if we can't track down any more. Truly awful that these manufacturers can't get their acts together to make the product that so many people rely on. As Eric points out though, it may just be about the money for them...
soccertese (10-04-2017)