View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 11:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My what a Beauty she would have been in her prime. We're lucky, we haven't told A, dddog#1 is play reward trained to actively sit on product not odour. And the new ones coming in A January will also be trained on product only, not odour. Our older dogs, they were food reward trained and trained on odour. So for example, say you went to visit a facility by the public bus provided and 3 days before you a sweaty person sat on that chair and had just had a spliff, the dogs would indicate on that, while it was a neat parlour trick it would get frustrating for the boys. Quite often while they'd indicate on odour the next but 1 person would carry product & they'd get it through that way while the dog & handler caught up in paperwork. So as long as she thinks she can't go near the dogs if she's been smoking, she is smoking less and less. We also have the issue of me, I never carry my " pill purse" anywhere near dd#1. We are extremely conscious of it and all it entails so do our utmost to ensure he has no cross contamination. Bono was very good with his nose, but his fear of people after his beating ruined him as a DD. Bronson despite suffering a broken leg & then attacked a broke base of his tail has a good nose and will never let anything get between him and his food. Bono on the other hand would starve. But what they don't know won't hurt. Of course if she is still smoking by January DB will have to put his foot down. Roof over your head, clean & safe, money in your pocket & a good job. But the dogs are his livliehood and these are 2 new ones to be trained, he will not want the slightest possibility of muddy water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O View Post
"don't like you Mick, don't like you..." BWAHAHAHAH!

Excellent. Dissing out justice even from a hospital bed, good on you both.

Heh, I never thought about the pot & active dog. Probably still could notice even after showers etc.

Our doggies are poor judges of character (I think) because they love all humans that come here. Or other dogs. Or cats. Friends in Paris have a Labrador as well, same age as our oldest. Just got word he passed away. 13.5 years is a nice age for a Lab. Patsy is nearing the end too, in 2 months she'll be 14, maybe she'll make it.

This is her last week. The nicest dog you could ever meet.

Attachment 10057

Last edited by PamelaJune; 10-05-2017 at 08:42 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (10-06-2017)