View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 08:16 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Follow up questions. You said that the activator wasn't great for c-1 in your experience. Does that mean that it's probably not effective in general for any upper neck issue? If so, and if neck twisting adjustments aren't a great idea in general, would it make sense to say that a chiropractor isn't the best option for dealing with an upper neck issue? Or can they be as effective with manual/massage techniques as other therapists/modalities?

Secondly, and sorry to dwell on this point, I wanted to check if it seems normal that my neck and head are still a little bit sore in the area surrounding where he worked yesterday with the activator and massage. You mentioned that it's low risk, but I just thought it would be prudent to say that he was using it at the very top of my neck/occipital and was angling it slightly "upward", or in other words, pointing it somewhat towards my brain.

Finally, you mention that there are two things at play in my case. Neck and concussion. The neck issues seems to be joint swelling causing a loss in blood flow etc. What do you think is the relevant physiological thing going on in the case of the concussion? For example, is it a bruise on the brain? More inflammation? I understand that the concussion doesn't really have active treatments but I was just trying to figure out how to conceptualize it.
jtoronto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote