View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 09:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hand held device for mea=asuring proprioception

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnt View Post
I've added some new features to my app which draws a graph of the impact of your drug regimen on your levodopa levels:
- More drugs (but still not Rytary).
- An "on"/ "off" threshold estimator.
- A dyskinesia threshold estimator.
- Steady state as well as single dose solutions.

Parkinson's Disease Measurement: PwP, surveys, trials, analysis

See Post 13 in this thread for screen shots.

Please remember that this app is just a model based on inexact pharmacokinetic (what the body does to the drug) data, when what we really want to know is the pharmacodynamic (what the drug does to the body) impact of our regimen. But, it does help allow you to discuss your options with your doctors.

I believe that most of us can get more out of existing drugs than we do now if we and our doctors take the time to optimize our personal drug regimen.

John

Hello John,

Back in 1994 my chiropractor had me squeeze this hand held device that must have measured some subtle electric conductance. Before this he had thought that the tremor in my thumb and the pain in my elbow were simply essential tremor but when I saw that concerned look on his face and his immediate recommendation to see a neuro the gravity of my situation became ever more clear (Initially I thought my grip was pretty strong but thats' not what it was measuring). At the time my sx were subtle which is why I'm wondering if this device might also be useful for the applications you are suggesting for tweaking med dosages....A Good Parkinson’s Muscle-decline Measure Is Hand-grip Test, Study Says
Also, after reading some of your posts i am more carefully observing any sensation of tremor and stiffness ...breathing ease and anxiety as an indicator of when to take next dose. In the mornings I can take less but more frequently and more but less frequently towards the evening.

Kind Regards,
MD

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla

Last edited by moondaughter; 10-06-2017 at 11:49 PM.
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote