View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 03:31 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The AMA (American Medical Association) actually lost a law suit for their wholesale defamation of chiros. The AMA was enjoined from speaking against chiros.

The problem is many chiros focus on billings, not healing. Many have a philosophy that every health issue is chiro related. Others know the limits of chiro. I was doubter until nobody could help me until I tried a chiro.

Most chiros are good at the common lower vertebra (T and L) issues using a Palmer, Diversified or Gonstead protocol.

Gonstead chiros will often depend on X-rays or temperature differential. They are not looking for curved spines. They look for subluxated vertebra that have slipped out of position in the facets. Using X-rays is not the best diagnostic technique.

Many use x-rays as show and sell by drawing lines and saying, "We need to fix this." The good chiros only use X-rays to rule out conditions that make chiro risky, cracked vertebra, arthritis, serious disk herniation.

Leg check and manual toggling are better. In my experience, the gentle protocols work best but they take patience. Chiro adjusting thoracic vertebra can result in quick improvements for many with a quick pop. Neck adjustments often take longer because the aggressive adjustments can cause inflammation. The gentler adjustments slowly help the neck stabilize.

Even the best chiros only help your body heal. It take the patient's discipline to finish the healing process. Too many say, "I paid you money, why did you not fix me?"

jtoronto,

If the chiro does not have prior x-rays of your neck, how does he claim the loss of curvature ? Every neck is different. Chiro is about the relationship between neighboring vertebra. If they are properly aligned and seated in the facets, any curvature would usually be your normal.

Using the Activator on C-1 may help. It just didn't for me. It did not do any harm, though. No reason to not try but you will still need to be disciplined. I'm not a believer in using a pillow to stretch the neck if it puts one in an uncomfortable position. One wants the neck to find its own position by not straining it. Remember to ice your neck after each adjustment.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote