Thread: Rituxan Report
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 12:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Rituxan Report

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd report on my experience with Rituxan. I have MuSK positive MG (19 years and counting) and I am quite refractory. Last year about this time I could no longer get Gamunex authorized, and luckily I'd already begun to pursue Rituxan.

On Jan 10 of this year I had one infusion. The effects were immediate but somewhat modest. My neuro ordered a second infusion on Feb 27 and I immediately went into the closest thing to a remission I've had in about 12 years. I got off of Cellcept immediately and I also began weaning from my 20 mg dose of prednisone. I'd been using pred non-stop since 2011. On July 31 I finished my last dose of pred!!! Oh yeah, baby!

I'd been doing monthly labs to monitor my lymphocytes. A couple of weeks ago the CD 19 count finally became measurable and I asked if I could be scheduled for another infusion. It's scheduled for later this month. Good thing, too, as I've become mildly symptomatic again. Still, I had a lot of good, symptom-free months! I even made it through a hot summer with no heat issues!

Finally, after all these years, I've found my miracle! I hope it keeps working forever!

Thanks for reading!
4-eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-11-2017), kiwi33 (10-08-2017), mrsD (10-08-2017), pingpongman (10-08-2017)