View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 07:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Those lorikeets are beautiful. We are lucky to live in parkland area and have birds a plenty. With it being magpie season & a fairly viscous one in WA this year with 3 children already attacked & one lost his eye we are quite lucky we have 2 crows who were born on our property 10 years ago, each year they come back and keep the magpies from the park over the road exactly there in the park, they don't dare cross crow territorial pathways. Quite amazing to watch. But I'm told magpies have long memories and if you give them a gift they will remember you, I gave gifts to our crows, hair for nesting (tons and tons of dog hair) and something shiny if you can. A golden piece of cellophane paper... never had any problems with them ever. The parrots come to the park across the road, never cease to amaze me how they all seem to come at different times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
My two cats are camera-shy at the moment.

My land is visited by about 10 different kinds of parrots (not all at once).

Here are a pair of Rainbow Lorikeets. They came round to take advantage of the food hand-outs that I provide for the birds.
eva5667faliure (11-23-2017), kiwi33 (10-08-2017), Wide-O (10-09-2017)