View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 07:14 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
taking 2 sinemet every 4 hrs probably won't help you and sounds like you'll get dyskinesia.
you need a constant concentration of C/L in your system and that happens with regular C/L by taking a smaller dose more often or adding an agonist and/or a drug such as azilect or entacapone which increases the half-life of l-dopa.

i imagine you have tried 50/200CR extended release C/L. You can take 1.5 200CR which would be 300mg L-D0PA but with reduced bioavailability compared to regular C/L you might not get dyskinesias and might get 2.5-3hrs. if you add some fat it will slow gastric emptying which is what you want to do with CR. a cracker with margarine, or 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal with margarine, a fish oil capsule. it should kick in in about 90minutes. i try not to take 2 CR doses in a row since it can buildup in your stomach and you get too much l-dopa so my pattern is 100mg C/L, wait 60minutes then take 50mg C/L + 50/200CR. wait 2.5 hrs, then repeat the pattern. i take the 50mg since it takes 90min for the CR to kick in and the 50mg will take 45min to kick in, just about the time the 100mg starts to wear off. this isn't a whole lot better than your drug regime, my point here is it might be worth experimenting with CR. I also take .50-.75mg mirapex during the day, .375 at night +200CR, i think the small amount of mirapex makes my OFF time less severe. eating protein of course negates the l-dopa so i either eat and suffer the inevitable off or if i have the will power eat most of my protein in the evening.

i also use a TIMEX EXPEDITION WATCH which has a repeat count down timer which i set to beep every hr, a stop watch which i set everytime i take a dose so i know when i took the last dose, and 3 timers so i can set 3 doseage times. with those functions i can be sure an alarm goes off when i should take the next dose, whether i actually take it is another thing.

Thanks for the info soccertese. On the 50/200 ER pill, it's scored to allow easier splitting of the pill. If I cut a 50/200 ER in half, then what then do I have? It seems to me that cutting a ER in half will eliminate the ER function. Does that make any sense?

Ed
alreadybutnotyet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote