View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 08:02 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Hi, gpbarnett. I'm sorry you are dealing with cancer. Have you looked into macrobiotic diets?

I have not tried those modalities. Citicoline does increase acetylcholine (ACh), but usually someone needs a cholinesterase inhibitor to fend off Acetylcholinesterase (AChE), to keep it from mopping up ACh too quickly.

I wonder if Citicoline is working on your nerves, helping to heal them. That supplement has been shown to help those with microvascular induced cognitive damage.

Citicoline (Cognizin) in the treatment of cognitive impairment

Have you had your B12 checked? Even if you don't have a deficiency, the B12 will help with your peripheral nerves. There is a bit of disagreement about cancer patients using B12.

Elevated Plasma Vitamin B12 Levels as a Marker for Cancer: A Population-Based Cohort Study

Mayo found that B12 goes straight to a cancer (looking, still can't find that study!). The usefulness of this has yet to be fully determined.

Patent WO199718231A1 - Radionuclide labeling of vitamin b12 and coenzymes thereof - Google Patents

Vitamin B12 Evidence - Mayo Clinic

Tumor imaging via indium 111-labeled DTPA-adenosylcobalamin. - PubMed - NCBI

Doctors can't say you have MG unless they do the specific antibody and EMG tests. Muscle weakness in MG is all about fatigable muscles that get worse with activity, relatively better with rest (and drugs).

I hope you will talk to your doctors about anything you take. And some things may interact with any other meds you might be on. I hope you will be cancer-free!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote