Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 10:05 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Mark. My neck, upper back, shoulders, jaw were very painful after the accident and for several weeks. Yes, laying in bed aggravated those problems. At that time, I was most concerned with letting my brain heal. I slept fairly regular hours. During the day, I just laid there with my eyes closed.

A few months after the accident I started walking circles around my yard (2 acres) for excercises. I started digging in the yard. Over several months I dug a 340' trench for a drain pipe from the house. I planted hundreds of seeds of various kinds and have been tending them. I put considerable thought into finding projects like those to do that are good excercises, don't require dangerous tools, and don't make my symptoms too much worse. For instance, I can work in the front yard, but have to be carefull to not watch cars go by on the busy street. I must wear earplugs by the street too. And sunglasses when outside. And a large brimmed hat to keep the sun from reflecting off my glasses and making me unable to function. What fun!

I'm taking naproxen and a med for depression. One doctor has tried close to 10 different meds for my headache. All of them had crazy side affects. Not one of them helped my headache.

I had the usual scans after the accident. While in vestibular therapy I had several related tests. I had an eeg after a bout with drop seizures.

We're still looking for direction.
Attached Thumbnails
New member-image-jpg  
Sexton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote