Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 04:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexton View Post
I saw a neuro ophthalmologist several months ago. He did no testing. He took some prisms out of a drawer full and told me to read with them for 10 minutes. When I told him that they didn't make it better, but some worse, he told me he couldn't help me. We weren't impressed with him; especially when we got a bill from him. After we saw him for the WC approved visit, he decided that they would no longer work with WC and wanted me to pay for it. We're trying to get a neuro optometrist approved now. Hopefully he's more knowledgable than the last guy. There's not much care of that type available locally, and riding in a car kills me.
Wow, I'm sorry that you saw such a terrible doctor and worse got billed for it.

He should have tested for convergence insufficiency. The statistic I saw was 65% of people with TBI have visual issues.

It could very well be that prisms were too much for your
visual system to handle and you just needed a blue tint. I know it sounds hooky that a tint could make such a huge difference, but I couldn't read without mine and helped my headache by reducing eye strain.

I went to Mind Eye Connection in glenbard north,IL. I saw Dr. Wright. Dr. Zelinsky also works there and she was the one working with the guy who wrote ghost in my brain(I think that's the title).

PM me if you have any questions. I hope you don't write this off as potential therapy because of it is convergence, no medication or therapy will likely help.
todayistomorrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote