View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 09:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So 1 haematoma was 10cm but is reducing in size, they lanced & aspirated 10ml and then it drained a further 100ml. Then they took the drain out, may have been better to have kept it there a day more.

I'm still in here, I've changed wards now it's nice enough. It a smalller room and I can't use my walker all the way round the room but I just use it to go out in the corridors and to help keep me upright. Anyway I have a zillion tests done another $5k worth in just one week, DB got one of the radiology bills it will be the lance and drain one & the picc line insert probably $1800 each not unlike the July bills, hope we get a decent amount back from Medibank & Medicare as I paid all the July bills up front. I might get DB to bring the bills in tomorrow with the claim forms and post them all off and just pay the gap this time round. Im reminded I have to check I paid the house insurance and the cars all due 10,11&12th October. Might do that now while my mind is a bit more with it. I've been away in fairyland I can tell you.

My regular painkillers doing nothing for this stomach pain, the Nevro working on the upper thoracic which is a boon.

Hemoglobin has returned to 99 was 76 when they gave the transfusions, went up to 113 but has dropped. Spent all friday / Saturday vomiting up blood, at first fresh and then what they call old coffee grounds, I knew it was blood I could taste it, not to mention it was all over me.

I always seem to get the one witch night nurse, she refused my medication at 11.26, got that sorted & then told me at 5 am I couldn't have more until I stopped vomiting as all I was written up for was oral, I truly thought I was going to die, the pain excruciating & the vomit never ending, even after they gave me ondancetron & then stemetil. I couldn't control it, finally I vomited over myself and the bed so the night nurse had to change my linen, I cleaned myself up, I said to her I'd put my dog to sleep if she presented like this in such pain & obviously ill. I asked to see the RMT. I told her, she said if I didn't improve she was to call her & im not improving at all. So then she told me I was too low down in the bed & I was to dig my heels in and push myself up the bed, I said I like my feet to touch the bottom rail, but she insisted & made me dig in 4 times & inch myself up. What sort of power trip is that all about???

Then DB rang in & demanded to speak with the RMT when he came in the afternoon & he was great he charted me new drugs incl if vomiting by injection & if I vomited again they were to report it & I to have an endoscopy first thing Monday am. So Sunday the pain returned & I vomited from 3pm to 5pm, my friend was here so we gave a witness.

They didn't report it to the doctor so no endoscopy as yet, but I've had other tests and now it seems my left kidney is slightly blocked. Not sure how that's happened or what it means. I got transferred to a new Ward yesterday & im happy seeing the care they are taking, the other Ward was good for Narula Neurosurgeon patients but not gut problems. Harsha showed me my gut and all the problems it looks nightmarish I must admit. Either way I still have to have this endoscopy as he says I've got a bleeding ulcer /hernia just not sure where from the external imaging. Narula did say to me, if I'm not happy with anything I'm to tell him straight away, the nurses on this ward don't like him much, but I think he's done a fabulous job on my spine, truly, it's as if I've not had major work done on it so far Pain wise. Everything pain wise is mostly from my gut except yesterday when I jarred my back with the difference in height between the toilet seats, I was expecting to go lower like my old room so hit this higher one quite hard and really jolted my spine.

Keep well my dear friends xx

Gerry, hope you've been ok, you were missed xxx
ger715 (10-10-2017)