View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 10:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Great animals, all of them. Nothing can look lazy like a Lab eh? Love the lorries too, as well as the kitties. Oh, and cats and cardboard boxes eh...

One other reason we chose the Senegal is that they are actually considered a pest in many African countries - they completely destroy crops in a minimum of time. And when I see how he attacks stuff, and with how much force, it doesn't surprise me at all. Put a couple of hundred together... eek. But at least that means they are not endangered or even "valuable".

One last anecdote: when we were going to get the bird I completely renovated the space he would live in, and opened up walls/the staircase/build an upstairs so that he would have a huge space and could fly 7m upwards. Took me weeks.

Turns out they don't really enjoy flying all that much. Sure, he will do a few rounds, but he much *much* prefers to crawl around/walk. When he wants to be on the other side of me when I'm sitting he climbs one leg, back down, up the other leg, and down again. Takes him 20 seconds. He could fly it in 0.5 secs, but he can't be bothered.

Oh, and he never goes upstairs unless we take him sitting on our shoulder.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (11-23-2017), kiwi33 (10-10-2017), PamelaJune (10-10-2017)