View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 01:47 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie8 View Post
I haven't been checking in regularly - I can't believe I joined this forum 10 years ago! I wanted to update the forum in case people still visit. I always loved everyone in here.

I was at the nine year mark to the month for Tysabri when I was diagnosed with cancer. I had surgery and started chemotherapy. But my neurologist said that I needed to go off of the Tysabri. My sense is that I will not be able to go back on the drug because of all the chemotherapy medications which obviously suppress your immune system. I am still JC virus negative. I have no idea what I will go back on when the chemotherapy is over. It was emotionally crushing because Tysabri has been my lifeline for so long with zero relapses.

Anyhow I guess it's good news there are more new drugs out there these days. Anyhow it was a good 9 year run on Tysabri. I'm going to miss that drug.
Natalie

I am so very sorry to hear of your cancer dx. I hope the chemo does it's job and you can find something for MS that's as good as the Ty was for you.

Please take care of yourself.

Love,

Kitty
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Natalie8 (10-24-2017)