View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 02:38 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny8484 View Post
Thank you for your reply! I don't log in very often but just saw your response. The site has healed well however the oral surgeon still wants to try inserting the implant again around the new year and said he doesn't think it will fail again. He said that there is a 1% chance of my body rejecting it again so he is fairly confident I won't have another issue.... and that he will not charge me for re-treatment. I just don't know if the site itself is not able to take an implant. My oral surgeon only goes on xrays but i wish he offered some sort of 3D technology to see if there is something else going on.

By the way the root canal that was in my tooth was there for years, over 20 years as I had an accident as a young child. It only became painful after I bit something hard which seemed to trigger an infection in the tooth, I was in a lot of pain and it had to be removed.

In your opinion would you try again with the implant, or would the risk be too much?
I just saw your comment and glad the area is healed. Me, I would not try another implant, but I'm against them anyway. I'd try anything else and as I've said a Maryland bridge has worked great for me. Those implants are so invasive...maybe I'm an old, been around the block a long time, thinker. C
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jenny8484 (10-12-2017)