View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Oh Gerry, yes the colonoscopy prep is dreadful, you will be in my thoughts, it's quite dreadful.

I think the detox is a fabulous idea, not sure if you remember my cousins had the detox done back earlier this year and my aunt last week. All went well. Very brave of you to entertain the idea, it will be worth it though. Billy went from 180-200mg Oxy, 30 Diaz spent 4 days on a ketamine detox, been on pain relief for 5 plus years, now takes nothing once the ketamine weaned him off and then off of the ket, in there for 6 days total. Best 6 days ever he says. My aunt last week, similar but not ketamine infusions to assist, just something else. Very happy she is and her essential tremor has halved to boot...

Not sure why the vomit, I've always had some form of vomit with bowel obstructionism but the ct scan after the Peco prep dye showed the colon clear as a whistle. No issues at all, so it's not making me vomit.

Dr a Harsha came again tonight, as no vomit today no endoscopy tomorrow, (yay) will meet the new PM tomorrow instead, met his nurse today, she was amazed at how much I know, so likely some sort of nerve block for the abdomen.... Harsha hopes I can go home by a Saturday. I will have been here just short of W3 weeks...

Pam,

It's good to know you are doing better. Just wish they could find adefinite reason for what's going on. Glad the colon is clean; I was concerned about your having a bowel obstruction.

Thanks for the info about the detox....Not sure how this will be accomplished. I would not inform my PM doctor of the possibility of going into detox. I don't want to be in an area of those dealing with the drug
abuse that has been rapid in the country. As you might recall, my daughter
is certified with the Drug Mental areas. She actually was on the front page of the Chicago Tribune a few months ago about her work with this epidemic.

My daughter has worked with many of the parents in getting help and working with some of the hospitals to get those going thru abuse into
rehab; not sure how it will go with someone being admitted for medication dependency and not abuse ( I have a cabinet with many of the extra opioid meds because I do not allow myself to take the max amount so I have additional pain meds not used.) Sherry is quite on the "ball" with wanting me to try doing the rehab. Again not sure how this will come about without a doctor admitting me; but rather my daughter as my advocate. Both of usbelieve I am dealing with additional pain due to rebound.

This happened some years ago taking too many Midrin for the migraines. I would take one; then a few hours later the pain would come back and take another; this went on until we realized "rebound was adding to the constant pain of the migraines.

Since being on the opioids, I am on a 2 day prep for the Colonoscopy. YUK!! It just makes me gag and hard to hold the prep in without throwing up.

I'm sure after 3 weeks in the hospital, you can hardly to get back home.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (10-12-2017), PamelaJune (10-12-2017)