View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 03:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sigh - Change of plan, Endoscopy under GA at 7pm tonight. (WA time Thursday)

Abdominal wall nerve block (??) Friday under GA not sure what time.

Maybe go home Saturday, likely Sunday!

In a lot of pain today, feel it racing up and down my legs, my gut & my spine. Last night pain so bad I rated it an 8 /10. It's quite subjective rating your pain. She looked at me & said you seem quite settled, I thought to myself I'm groaning in agony, I've got my knees on my chest (I've just had spine surgery -not a good plan) so I can be running my hands up and down the front /side of my thighs, my gut as I'm in so much pain. I don't consider that settled. She clarified by saying you seem settled because your flat on your back with the TV on....

Most nurses are just the salt of the earth, some I'm sure are in it for love / compassion/passion to help people, some are in it for the $, it's a job and a 3 night shift, weekend work pays as much as working 5 days a week, some are in it, it's a calling, some fell into it, parental influence & some I'm sure are sadists.

She took my BP - very high, common sign of pain, - pulse high, another indicator, temp 38, another indicator of pain. She said what do you want, I said 1 temgesic please & 1 Valium, she looked at my notes and said oh you haven't had much pain relief in the last 48 hrs, I said I'm worried about my bowel, I don't want to overload it. She said I'll give you 2 endone, I said no, maybe 2 temgesic, 1 Valium, please I'm sure it will help me and help this racing pain in my legs, it did, I slept until 5am when pain in legs returned, I'm sure it's linked to my gut, I've never had it before on the front /side of my thighs and lower abdomen.

Anyway, as a result if that the Doctor came in & said hmm will def do the endo, just if anything to confirm a theory & clean up / seal any ongoing bleeding. I feel relieved to be having it tbh.
ger715 (10-13-2017)