View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 05:50 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I'm sure you are right, I'm unneccessarily impatient. I just miss being able to work out and hanging out with friends without being concerned about the environment being too noisy, aswell as having a couple of beers. As I've progressed to this point where I'm pretty functional in a uni environment (studying-wise), I guess I've become aware that I anticipated that once I'd be healthy enough to study again I'd be fully recovered. Even though I know I should be more grateful, I feel like the return to school was a tad anticlimactic because of those anticipations (of which I was unaware until I got here).

When practicing your rowing, at about what level of extortion/heart rate do you put yourself to be able to go for 20 minutes? I remember that you've mentioned that you could go for a bit until you felt uneasy - do you notice any feelings of weakness or dizzyness? Anxiety-induced or not.

You're right in your advice, I should relax and let recovery progress in its own pace. Now I'm just thinking that it'd be nice to have a way of providing the same level of physical stimulus as taking a walk (or just a bit more challenging - I feel like I could handle the step-up) even when it's raining and I don't feel very excited to go outside.

Slowly returning to the life I had before.
smutsik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote