View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 05:52 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Have you looked into macrobiotic diets?
Macrobiotic isn't for me, but my diet does have similarities (was vegetarian for almost 3 decades, rarely eat meat/fish).

Quote:
Citicoline does increase acetylcholine (ACh), but usually someone needs a cholinesterase inhibitor to fend off Acetylcholinesterase (AChE), to keep it from mopping up ACh too quickly.
I suspect that I will be prescribed a cholinesterase inhibitor.

Quote:
Have you had your B12 checked?
Not yet, but should be getting that done soon.

Quote:
Doctors can't say you have MG unless they do the specific antibody and EMG tests. Muscle weakness in MG is all about fatigable muscles that get worse with activity, relatively better with rest (and drugs).
Myasthenia Gravis panel came back negative, but it is my understanding that it gives about 10-20% false positives.

Quote:
I hope you will talk to your doctors about anything you take. And some things may interact with any other meds you might be on.
We've already found one major interaction. I've had to stop Botox injections for first bite syndrome, as they are potentially fatal with MG. It is possible that I don't have MG, and that my symptoms are from the immunotherapy having some interaction with Botox, combined with choline deficiency and anorexia cachexia.
gpbarnett is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-21-2017)