5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
WAY COOL, just Way Cool indeed!
Good post and sharing Luthier!
Thanks,
M56
SOmething I don't understand here. The Nevro Implant outputs at 10K Hz. (That's 10,000 vibrations per second) Amplitide does not increase with frequency, which is why the Nevro Implant Operates at this frequency. The only control you have are 3 level of amplitude, and within those levels, 6 minor adjustments of the amplitude (more milli-amps) in incremental steps. Each step can greatly alter you reaction, take it slowly. I have had my implant in for a year. The inside arch of my feet were beginning to atrophy, and itched so bad, I scratched them with implement s till they bled. The Nevro implant has removed that sensation. I can now walk far better and the atrophy/neurapathy, has reversed. I do not allow them to program the "On/Off" duty cycles. My pain is constant, and this type of cycling caused too much pain. My implant is set at the factory standard, I usually run it on the second to the lowest setting. At times, for a day or two, I run it at the highest setting when my legs are "on fire".

It's may be different for different conditions, but I do believe there is a common ground. I wish Nevro would release to it's patients empirical studies so we could find ourselves, compare, and use our minds and stop fumbling, and use this data to our advantage. People in pain seem to be more involved in their care, and are seekers of knowledge. We need this information. IMHO.
John Nevro User is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (10-13-2017)