Thread: Seeking hobbies
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 12:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Well the dog sitting is going better than I thought it would... our old kitty (17 yr ) laid the law down with the dog... there is to be no barking after 8 pm and only mild barks of alert throughout the day time hours. There is to be no growling at any point, he may lay on the couch but not on my lap and is to walk through the house with decorum, never jump or run unless it is jumping to get on the couch, oh and no kisses are allowed ever.... the apparent rules laid out by the cat.

To which the dog has replied.... ok! But just one kiss??? Maybe in the morning? How about a good night kiss.... pleeeeeeaaaaase.....

Seriously before I can say a word to the dog about anything my cat is front and center giving the dog a stern look and a good long meowed lecture and in response the dog quietly slinks down and listens then tries to kiss to make up only to be warned by another look from the cat and is forced to restrain his tongue. Now the dog has a good 40lbs on the cat, and Squeak hasn’t scratched him once despite some pretty sharp claws, and yet Major the dog comes to heel completely for him. He’s a better dog trainer than I could ever hope to be, which honestly while pointing out a rather sad deficit in my abilities, is also hilarious to watch the two of them interact, and does make my job a whole lot easier.
Attached Thumbnails
Seeking hobbies-7209a051-ddae-4e56-b9d7-05bad48fb9d6-jpg