Old 10-14-2017, 12:00 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default I've been diagosed with this, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAYNE1 View Post
I've just been diagnosed with white matter disease. Anybody else have it?

I understand it's related to MS.
Yes, I've been diagnosed with this, too, in Feb 2017. I was complaing to GP about progressive symptoms of what I've read about MS. My GP said because I am male and 77 years old I cannot have MS. Was sent to MRI of my brain.
Results showed I've had 3 mini-strokes in the micro blood vessels in the White Matter, 2 in the right side and 1 in the left side. My GP dismissed it as normal even with my progressively debilitating leg muscle pain and weakness. I managed to see a neurologist. He said is was White Matter Disease but did not indicate there was more then 1 kind of White Matter disease. It wasn't until I read in this forum that White Matter disease is more of a overall term covering several different brain problems including MS. No wonder what I am feeling matches the list of symptoms for MS I find online.

Since the brain MRI in Feb 2017, I have experience more come and go symptoms such as shaky handwriting, left eye peripheral blindness, much more balance inabilities and extreme fatigue and extreme inability to focus and concentrate.

This time I am waiting to be scheduled for a Cat Scan (not another MRI because the doc didn't know if medicare would pay for another MRI withibng a year time period). I don't know of a Cat Scan will be able to see anything. And nothing was ordered for my scan. I've had diabetes for over 25 years and high BP varies between 120 and 150. So the docs are using a Diabetic Nephropathy diagnosis because, I believe, it is an easy cop-out.

But I do feel vindicated to learn that MS is related to White Matter disease and my symptoms are't just made up.

Larry Kramm
lkramm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote