View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 06:23 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervinF View Post
hey guys, I am new here and I am one week into my recovery post my ACDF surgery c4/c5. I dont have any pain aside from muscle tensing up in my neck. I do however have shoulder weakness in my right arm.

Lifting my right arm is fine, still not as easy as my left one but generally fine. However trying to lift something else is quite difficult.

I am just curious whether this is normal post surgery? Is it something that can be fixed with PT after 3 months when i can remove my collar.

any advice is greatly appreciated as i am 29 and I am very much an active person in the gym and I would like to return.

thank you
I had the same reaction from that type of surgery when I was 26, I am 60 now. Sometimes, the Nerve Root having been freed up heals from the furthest end back to the nerve root. I think this will ease over time. Be good to yourself, Follow the regiment given. It can take a while. If you stress that Nerve out while healing, you will pay a price for it. Be active, but be smart. You body ache will tell you enough is enough. It's a Neurological issue, not muscle. That was very hard for me to learn as I am still extremely strong,(to the point that people don't realize I have 5 fused discs and 5 ruptured ones, I hide it well) repetitive moves mess me up, neurologically, that is.
John Nevro User is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote