View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 09:32 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Mark,

Your advice on extended recovery after being in a challenging environment is helpful. I felt challenged during the dinner (I experienced what we discussed earlier, the noticing of ambient noise and feeling like you have to actively focus in order to be able to follow what is being said) but went through it without getting particularly close to the point of breakdown. I was much more tired than I usually am yesterday though, and a little bit of this feeling lingers on even today.

Regarding what you said about finding a balance in the interest for music and club culture, I agree. During these last 6 months I haven't been able to do much of anything, but I'm getting closer to a point where I can introduce aspects of these interests again without experiencing symptoms. A goal of mine is to be able to perform short and low-paced sessions of DJ:ing by myself in my room, which I think I will be able to do in a month or two. Being able to do this would make me feel like I'm not being forced to abandon the interest even though it probably will take a long time before I could even think of performing in clubs again.

On a aside note - I read about BCAAs in the vitamin regimen, but I'm not sure about the dosage and frequency of intake. I read a study on rats where an intake of 100 mM a day (I think) was linked to cognitive improvement, but not 50 mM a day. This lead me to reason that it'd be great to know that I get enough of this stuff to improve my recovery, and that I'd like to know more. Would you mind sharing your thoughts on dosage and frequency of intake? (If you have any studies on BCAAs and TBI that discuss dosage lying around, I'd love to read them too.)

daVOD, I'm not sure I follow you quite right, could you elaborate? If you are saying that I should slow down and appreciate my progress, I hear you. I'm trying to stay away from situations that might make me feel compelled to push beyond my limits. Apart from the setback after the dinner this weekend, I haven't had a breakdown in improvement for a couple of months now, so the strategy you suggest really does work. Thank you for your advice.

Slowly returning to the life I had before.
smutsik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote