View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 10:53 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile 2 months post concussion with head pain

Hi Everyone - thank you for allowing to be a part of this community. I've been reading when I can and have learned more here than anywhere.

I fell 2 months ago when walking from my condo to my balcony and had something in my hand, I tripped, fell and hit my head directly. I'm not sure if I passed out but could of only very briefly for a few seconds. I sat down in a chair with a friends assistance and threw up for awhile.

Next few days I was just a little stiff but then the head pain just kept getting worse and I went to the hospital and they did a cat scan which came back clear except for existing cervical disc herniations and arthritis.

I was clearly having more and more symptoms, confusion, loss of appetite, difficulty following conversations, I was in slow mo for everything. Most have all gone but the head pain is the most persistent symptom now. It is on top of my head and I can barely sleep most nights and end up sleeping with pillows propping me up. This helps. I also have problems with conversations, making plans, remembering things and vision with some things looking like they are really 3d or rounded in funny ways.

I've taken some time off work and my GP hasn't been helpful. I'm seeing an osteopath and he's helped along with homeopathics. I see another osteoporosis who gives me Bowen Therapy and that was amazing with instant results for eye pain. I'm continuing with the exercises but I don't think thats enough.

I'm not sleepy in the day but feel fatigued easy and only like to be around people about 1 hr and then I time out and need quiet. I'm also taking B2, Omega 3, B complex, Vit C, double bio available Curcumin (learned that here) probiotics and I think that's it.

I'm not sure where to go from here. I can be on the computer longer than the original 10 minutes but time out fairly quickly with the "peaking head pain" the same one that comes when I am trying to sleep and keeps me awake. It feels like it might come out the top of m head but of course this can't happen I have committed to not working till Jan 1 but I need to plan carefully if this will linger. I feel quite alone with this and I feel I'm grasping at whatever I can find to help but that isn't enough. Everyone says time is what it takes but I'm bored, alone and I'm used to being extremely productive and useful.

I flew the other day from a higher altitude to sea level and later that day and night all the original symptoms came back, nausea, dizziness, severe head pain etc. Slowly getting better from that. I have intermittent pain in my right ear that was on the side I hit just above my eyebrow. I'm not too dizzy anymore but think it might be bothering me somehow.

Thank you for reading and being there and part of this supportive community. I know that I am very lucky to only have this head pain as others suffer so much more. Any suggestions for healing would be great
Susie1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote