View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 02:15 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Most chiro is too aggressive. There are some gentle chiro techniques. Some osteos have gentle techniques. A physical therapist/physiotherapist may help. Some gentle head/neck traction with gentle mobilization can help. An upper cervical trained chiro or PT may help.

The walk heavy and turn quickly suggest upper neck. Try to learn to turn at your shoulders rather than neck. Roll your shoulders forward when riding in the car. This provides better bump absorption as the spine can flex to absorb vertical movement.

Mixing Tylenol and aspirin is safe. That is what Excedrin is except it adds caffeine. Caffeine should usually be avoided.

When my headaches were worst, max aspirin and max dose Tylenol were as good as low dose Norco or Percocet without the woozies. And, my doctor recommended the combination.

It is very important to sleep and nap with good head and neck alignment.

An elevated sleeping position can help some. I sleep in a recliner when my neck is an issue.

A regular vision exam will not say much. They test for acuity. A behavioral optometrist's assessment would be worthwhile. Few optometrists are trained in behavioral optometry. Check out NORA at https://nora.cc/healthcare-locator.html

If you are having balance issues, a vestibular assessment would be worthwhile. Many physical therapists can test for this. I'm surprised the osteo has not done vestibular testing.

It is usually best to understand visual issues before tacking vestibular issues and visual issues can cause vestibular issues.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote