View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 08:31 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Susie,

There are many doctors and others who do not follow the latest research. The basic issue is to encourage blood flow in the brain. Rest does not encourage blood flow. Complete rest should be for the first 48 hours only, then low stress activity after that.

The 'challenge your brain' concept is not a mainstream protocol and is discounted by the experts.

Keeping active is good. For many, manual activities are best. The hands cannot move faster than a struggling brain can handle. In my early days, I had a rotation of activities. 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there.

If I started to lose focus at my computer, I went outside and took my dogs for a walk. I watched documentary style TV. Informative without a need to engage the subject. I read a bit but struggled to read fiction or overly complex or descriptive articles. I still struggle with some reading.

I've seen others try Bowen. Never seen a long term benefit.

You should try to recognize the early symptoms of overdoing an activity. A need to reread a line of text. A struggle to understand and sort through what somebody is saying. So, try things and shot at the first notice of struggle. Do not try to push ahead or through until you learn how to recognize the signs of increasing symptoms. You will find that some stresses are recoverable in a few minutes to an hour. Others will put you behind for a day or two. Avoid the latter.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote