View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 01:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Possible new concussion

Hello everybody,

I really need advice - I am over the roof right now.

Today I went to McDonalds with my kids. They were playing at the children-area, but I went to get my youngest when I hit my head. It happened because I had to crawl under a plastic tube, but when I was standig up fast I hit my forehead on a big hardened plastic porthole, like the round one on the picture: Gemino+ Porthole Crawl I Platform Loft By HABA, 25987

The plastic was about 0,5 cm thick and yielded a little. It said a noise when my head hit it. It didnt really hurt, and I had no immense pain or something. I didnt got a metallic taste, blurry vision blackout or anything, more like a surprise that I hit my head. The area was a little bit sore for around 30 minutes afterwards but no contusion red spot etc. So, a medium hard hit, but with no pain - if that makes any sense.

I am now extremely worried that this is a new concussion, especially because I drove my car to my parents place afterwards - a 2 hour trip. I felt very tired when driving. But I read that driving after a concussion is very bad.

It is 6 hours ago and I have mild headache, problems looking at screens (feel dizzy), feel tired and it hurts around my eyes.

I would really appreciate any thoughts or facts. Anyone tried anything similar? Around what g-force range would a hit like that constitute? How bad was it that I was driving for 2 hours afterwards?

Best regards to all from a sad Norwegian and thanks for reading:-(
TheNorwegian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote