View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 03:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

DB & his sister doing well.
DB 795 days sober. He is providing strong mentoring support to the young lady who has adopted us, it has given him purpose, she is currently 3 days mull free. Of really super good news DB and his colleague were nominated for the "Pride" award and out of all the Australian nominations they won. They are being flown to NSW for ceremony 23.11.17 & subsequently have been nominated for the "across the world" as well. They will find out at the NSW ceremony who is the "world winner" & if they do will be flown to Britain, its for the work they have done setting up the unit from nothing, sourcing & training the dogs, setting best practice & are now being tasked with training dogs for other divisions. Just to win the Aus & be nominated for the world I believe is a super achievement in itself. I'm so proud of him & his colleague, this is the 2nd time they've been nominated for Aus award (last time for their efforts in saving dogs from euthanasia and turning them into successful DDDogs) you have to win the Aus to be nominated for the world event and they have done it tough for all these years, but they never gave in, they take great pride in their roles. As you can tell I'm really chuffed for him.

SIL G 203 days sober. She's doing it tough with her PN and family issues, but she prevails and I believe in her strength and commitment. The good news on her front is the eldest daughter (1 of my 11 nieces) who lost custody to all 3 children is Day 4 sober, alcohol and mull. This is her first attempt and a huge step forward in terms of this is the first time ever she has acknowledged she has a problem.

I am very proud of them all
Icehouse (10-18-2017), kiwi33 (10-18-2017), SecondChances (10-19-2017), Wide-O (10-18-2017)