Old 10-18-2017, 02:38 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Nevro User View Post
I am going to be 60 and have been in what is called "Intractable Pain" for most of my life. You just being there means so much. If he knows you will never leave, you are helping out so much more than you could possibly know.

If you need counseling, get it, but be mindful, as many of these people have no idea of what they speak of. Sounds corny, but after 3 near death experiences, I've laid it all out to Christ, and pray as my stream of consciousness. A lot of this involves listening, and then learning when I am stressing my wife out too much and need to carry that cross by myself. Not much to offer, but continue to continue, day by day, hour by hour, sometimes, moment by moment. In the long run, the only thing we can offer anyone in this world is love, that is the part we offer. The greatest achievement of mankind, if there turned out to be nothing. I do believe there much goodness that await us in truth though.

My being a Christian alone has not eased my pain, but I can understand it, and not react to it, which is half the battle. I let it ride over me like waves. Nothing works all the time, not even most of the time, the reality of this situation.
Hi John,
Thank you very much for the reply. Just having that has helped me today. Thank you. I am having a bad time this week as Thanksgiving day my son (18 yrs) fainted while in the shower so we spent the day at the Emerge with him and he will be going for cardio tests and such next month, then on Thursday we went to see the Neurologist for my husband and I have never witnessed such ignorance on the Dr.'s part. We asked if he knew about the Chiari he said yes and we asked if my husband and son should be tested and he looked at us and asked what EDS was!! I have been on the phone and finally have found a Dr. that actually knows about the Chiari (thank goodness). I have found it extremely hard to even find support groups to go to with my husband & we are both (it seems like drowning) just trying to make it through each day.
What is "intractable " pain if I may ask?
Katrina Huhtala is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote