View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 07:46 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default PCS + Chronic fatigue syndrome

Six weeks ago I suffered from a mild case of food poisoning. All gastro-intestinal symptoms disappeared within 48 hours but I have felt extremely tired and intolerant to exercise (cognitive and physical) since then. I was already not in a very good shape due to PCS (12 months), which left me with chronic headaches, lower energy, and sensitivity to movement. But these past six weeks I have been much more tired than before, and I have also experienced difficulties to concentrate on mental tasks (which was not the case at all before the infection).

I had a blood test done and it shows positive for biomarkers of chronic inflammation in response to the infection. The doctor mentioned the chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) as a possible consequence of the food poisoning. Unfortunately, it seems difficult to have a clearer diagnosis for this pathology.

I am feeling desperate. PCS is tough but had become somewhat manageable for me. But the combination of PCS and CFS and the long-term prospects seem awful. If anyone has some thoughts, experience or advice to share, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.
Vania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote