View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 08:37 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
It is always a relief to have things validated by a doctor. It doesn't really CHANGE anything...but at least there's an acceptance that comes with knowing and the ability to kind of move forward instead of looking for other causes.

Do you have any other options if aqua PT is denied? Mine ended and rather than continue the PT (there wasn't much more they could offer me beside same old same old and I had the routine down) I joined my local gym that has a heated arthritis pool. It's a lot cheaper than PT and I've been able to continue the routine to keep moving. It's not improving my pain but it's keeping me moving and I feel less out of shape if that makes sense.
Catra, that is awesome that you are able to keep moving, despite the pain. I know what you mean, I had pain in the pool, but it was bearable.

I wish the Y pool was warmer, because right now the only equipment I can use there is the recumbent stationary bike, but at least that has enabled me to keep strength in my legs. On good days I can pedal for 11-12 miles. But it really isn't enough of the right kind of exercise, I still cannot go downstairs normally and I would really like to be able to walk on a beach again, or be able to walk around the block or go camping with my friend. Ha!
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (10-20-2017)