View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 11:38 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Post New here + get your neck checked!

Hey, i'm months into pcs and wanted to share my story. Also ask for some tips

What happened? I hit the back of my head against a closet just after my 25th birthday which had send me into pcs.

So the first month was pretty bad. Had tons of symptoms: fatigue, insomnia, fast heartbeat, mild tinnitus, no balace, dubble vision, clenching teeth, sound and light sensitivity, etc

I thought i just sleep it of and with rest it should get better, but that didn't really work. So i went to the neurologist. Everything came out fine and the neurologist told me i would be fine in a few weeks

Second month: still verry tired (took naps everyday), tinnitus got much worse and became constant , still some slight light and sound sensitivity, insomnia, panic attacks, depression, clenching teeth, some balance issues and mental fog. Luckily my vision repaired itself and i could see again.

Now after 3 months of resting a lot of symptoms had resolved, but some got worse for no reason. I went to several doctors and none took me seriously. One actually said that it is impossible for a concussion to last more then 2 weeks and that i was faking it.

But eureka! I went to a osteopath who took my complaint very serious. After examination she was kinda shocked..... apparently i had one of the worst neck injuries she ever saw. No wonder my concussion isn't healing. My blood flow in my neck must have been very restricted. She actually wondered how i managed to live for 3 month with such injury. Already after one session of releasing the tension in my neck the fog lifted. Finally i can think again!

Now i still have some bad symptoms like tinnitus, insomnia and severe fatigue. But i finally feel that i'm getting somewhere

What I've learned that if you suffer from pcs you should also check if you haven't sustained any other physical injuries due to the accident.

Also any tips on fatigue? I'm very limited in the things i can do during the day.

Thanks for reading!
Lebber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote