View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 01:11 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Lebber,

Welcome to Neurotalk.

We routinely discus subtle neck injuries and how they can be a major contributor to concussion symptoms. Restoring alignment at C-1 and C-2 and reducing inflammation can make a big difference. She should have suggested icing your neck to reduce inflammation. Your sleep posture will impact your neck. Try to maintain a straight head and neck posture.

Just to clarify a term, you did not experience PCS immediately. That is just called concussion recovery. PCS is the prolonged struggles with a concussion after 6 weeks to a few months.

Your current fatigue struggles could be related to sleep. Your napping may have your sleep system all messed up thus the insomnia. You should only be sleeping at night during regular times. No sleeping past a normal wake up time, even on weekends. This helps the brain go through the normal sleep stages. It is a key part of concussion recovery. Rest and napping are only advised during the first 48 hours, not after that.

You need to find activities that stimulate blood flow to your brain without causing stress or risk of aggravating your neck. Good blood flow is as important as good sleep.

Try to ignore the tinnitus, maybe using subtle background sounds. There is not much you can do for tinnitus. But, if you can get the proper sleep and brain blood flow, your tinnitus may improve. I've had tinnitus for decades. My ears are screaming right now, likely because I just had a glass of cold milk. For some reason, cool beverages make my tinnitus worse. I can barely hear my laptop fan over my tinnitus.

Be patient. You have 3 months of non-treatment to overcome.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lebber (10-20-2017)