View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 09:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBased View Post
Catra, that is awesome that you are able to keep moving, despite the pain. I know what you mean, I had pain in the pool, but it was bearable.

I wish the Y pool was warmer, because right now the only equipment I can use there is the recumbent stationary bike, but at least that has enabled me to keep strength in my legs. On good days I can pedal for 11-12 miles. But it really isn't enough of the right kind of exercise, I still cannot go downstairs normally and I would really like to be able to walk on a beach again, or be able to walk around the block or go camping with my friend. Ha!
The heated pool definitely makes a difference. The pool at PT was heated but not an arthritis pool...and the arthritis pool is like 10 degrees warmer and makes a huge difference. I feel lucky my Y has both pools and the arthritis one has been empty every time I go so there have been no issues with getting splashed or not having enough room. Maybe look into seeing if there are any arthritis pools anywhere near you?
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (10-22-2017), RSD ME (10-20-2017)