View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 09:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Loss of sensation

Seriously...is it possible to have both a loss of sensation and hyper sensitivity?? My body is totally crazy these days.

Every time I go to my pain doctor he takes a cold wipe and asks me if it feels different here, here, here, etc...where does the feeling change, is it colder here or here, etc. it always leaves me in pain but there are differences. I'm think it's the small fiber neuropathy vs the CRPS that he does this for but not sure. I always just kind of passed it off as one of those things I have to endure at my follow up appointments...at least he doesn't do the needle test every time because that one is even worse....but never really noticed a real world impact on my lift with regards to these tests...until THIS WEEK.

So I pulled a load of my daughter's laundry out of the washer, folded it, put it in her drawer on Monday. Tuesday I get angry yells from the husband as he's trying to dress our daughter in the morning because everything in the drawer is sopping wet! Say what?! I thought he was exaggerating but after he dressed her in the previous day's pants and went to work I pulled everything out of the drawer and spread it all out to air dry but thought he must be exaggerating because it didn't seem wet to me. Another load of clothes for her were in the washer and I pulled them out that night after she went to bed to fold them. They felt fine to me...but out of curiosity I help one up to my cheek and sure enough...it felt a little damp. I tossed it to my husband who says it's not a little damp...it's very WET. What?! I couldn't feel the wet AT ALL with either one of my hands...and only a little when I held it up to my cheek (why the washer/dryer isn't drying the clothes well is a whole other issue I guess).

But sure enough...I look closely at my hands and they are glowing red and within 30 minutes I have a HUGE flare up. Seriously?? My hands are reacting to cold that I can't even FEEL?! Days later my hands are still swollen and red. I don't know why...of all the weird issues I have...but this one really bothers me (not that it matters what bothers me...my body doesn't seem to care how I feel about it). I'm really just struggling with the whole not feeling things the right way. How am I supposed to avoid flare ups and triggers if I'm not able to feel these sensations? How do you know you're not feeling something if you can't feel it?? It's seriously trippy how I was holding these wet things and they didn't feel even remotely wet to me in my hands. It's not like my hands are numb...I could feel the things in my hands...but not that they were wet or cold.

Oh...and apparently I'm not allowed to put away my daughter's laundry anymore. Silver lining in this story??
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (10-20-2017)