Thread: New Pain Cream
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 10:15 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default New here, sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Interesting. Perhaps you're right. Maybe they note the reason in their more detailed published research paper? I'll take a look.
I'm still being moderated so I'm not sure when you'll see this. I found this thread on a Google search, wrote about my experience with Ted's and had hoped I had a PHN forum, then realized it's a PN forum (blame it on my Gabapentin Brain).

Is there a section somewhere for PHN? I did a search and didn't find anything. Ironically, some research shows changes in the brain when PHN is present (sorry, nerve damage after shingles which may or may not improve--Post Herpetic Neuralgia). I actually spoke to David Hitt, the CFO of "Ted's", and asked if they've had success with treating PHN or neuropathies such as after chemo or for diabetics. He said as he wasn't a researcher, just the money guy he didn't know. But then he remembered his grandfather had shingles and yes, the cream did help.

I was impressed with him and really enjoying speaking to him. I'm hoping it does work, as I said in my other post, I've used it for 3 days 3X/day and feel there is some relief. I am HIGHLY skeptical of any claims to help PHN, as most docs admit there's not much they can do, but give Gab or other similar drugs, tell you to avoid aggravating and try and be positive.

Good luck to all of you.
Babsy WI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote