View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 05:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I understand how important the documentation is. Though I have never dealt with WC, I have dealt with SSDI. I was approved rather quickly the first time and then was required to do a full review again four years later. It is very stressful both times I totally agree.

And I did have a disability lawyer and multitude of drs helping confirm my diagnosis of rsd (and anxiety and depression and fibromyalgia and endometriosis and scoliosis). But my concern for you is that you are being put through pain from your dr in order for him to document things.

My dr gives me a three page form to fill out every three months and then gives me a diagram to note where my pain is and what kind of pain and sensations I'm having. Plus he sees the physical symptoms I have and documents them at each visit as well.

When it's time for my reviews that is what he provides them and they have so far (knock on wood) that was enough. (I also document all my dr visits and get my medical records in order for each review.)

Maybe your dr could try that form of documentation for your disability insurance. It's a lot less painful and still could have the same success. Maybe I'm wrong and it won't but I would at least ask him about it. And maybe check with a disability and WC lawyer for their opinions.

I know my dr has tried to get me to do the SCS and DRG several times, but because the meds seem to be helping and because my neurologist felt that it could cause more problems then not (i.e. infections and paralysis) that I have put it on the back burner for now.

If there ever came a time when I was told that I either had to do those procedures or be at risk of losing my benefits, I would still tell them no and find another dr and disability lawyer regarding this situation. Besides the fact that the recovery process of these procedures is painful, they could cause more spread to my rsd ridden body.

I personally don't think it's right for anyone to subject someone who is suffering every day with the worst chronic pain there is (like you and me) to more pain.

But maybe I'm missing something. This is just my opinion. There is no right or wrong. We all have to do what is right for us. But I still don't think that anybody should put a person who is in constant horrific pain through more pain. (Especially a doctor).

I hope and pray that the right answer for you will come and it will be to not be put in more pain in order to get your benefits approved. I don't believe anyone should have to go through that. It just seems so inhumane to me. And you have been through so much pain as it is. We all have.

You have been a good friend to me here on NT and I only mean to help because I don't want to see you hurting anymore. Hoping you find some peace with your pain and your dealings with drs, wc and disability. I am so glad you were approved for disability insurance.

As for the spouses, I know it's hard on them too, but sometimes mine at least just needs some gentle reminders of my limitations due to my rsd. I know they still love us, they just get tired of the constant battle we fight just like we do.

One day at a time. We will get through this together. And hope for a cure sooner rather then later for this horrid disease.

P.S. I also wanted to mention that if a doctor ever tells me that the complications of any procedure are rare, I tell them that rsd/crps is rare but I got that didn't I? I'm not saying that I will never try a certain procedure. But I do think long and hard before doing so. I weigh the pros and cons, consult my drs and my family and my own gut. And then I make the best decision for me by me. I am the one that makes the call as to whether or not to go ahead with a risky procedure. And any procedure is risky in my opinion when you have rsd. Like I said it's just my opinion. Wishing you well my friend. Remember to take care of yourself. You are worth it!

Last edited by RSD ME; 10-21-2017 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Added a P.S.
RSD ME is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (10-20-2017)