View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 10:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I am on WC and I've never had any kind of that testing done by my pain management doctors. He always asks to see my foot and leg (to observe any physical changes and check for problems) and asks how/where the pain is. He NEVER touched it until I was able to handle touch. Every once in a while he would do the very small light touching to compare the affected to the unaffected side. But there is NO reason to do it at every appointment. Your condition is documented. WC does not require it to be re-documented at every appointment, nor does the doc have to do a physical check at every appointment.

Now i don't know about the SFN, but if this testing is causing the CRPS to worsen, then that testing needs to stop or be changed or something. And I think you need to report to him this issue with the loss of sensation. Not feeling wetness is a pretty huge change in sensation. Is this Dr. aware of the amount of pain his examination causes and for how long?

My podiatrist has done it more frequently and I don't like it, but he is testing something different, not the CRPS. He is checking for possible Tarsal tunnel syndrome and comparing the sensation between the two feet. The one time he grasped my foot I jumped and yelled. He never did that again. I don't like him and if there was another podiatrist in my WC network nearby I'd dump him in a hot minute. He touches my affected foot far too often, all while warning his assistants to be careful of it because of the CRPS. WTF?

I'm glad you like him, and yes documentation is everything, but so is appropriate treatment. And touching a highly sensitized CRPS limb is contraindicated. Have they given you any PT to work on desensitization?
Becca71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (10-22-2017), RSD ME (10-21-2017)