View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 08:19 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Monkeyman, the siezures are more like epileptic fits, very different than the hypnic jerks or myoclonus that occur as I'm entering or leaving a state of sleep. I have a prescription of Atarax for my allergies which I only take as needed, but it is also anti anxiety and does help me fall asleep. I haven't noticed any benefit from it preventing the muscle jerks. Because of my MTHFR gene variant, a little goes a long way when it comes to medications of any kind. I have to be very careful and all dosages are very small as my body does not process and eliminate toxins well. I think you came to a wise risk/benefit decision on the spinal tap. Most times everything goes well, but if the puncture does not re-seal well the results are devastating. My neurologist also did not seem at all concerned about the myoclonus and nocturnal siezures, but as you said, these events are far from normal in a healthy human being. Since my last post I've been fine again. I can ride the stationary bike 2-3 miles every day and do a few tasks, but if I tackle cleaning the whole house thoroughly and into all the corners all in one day, I have problems. Very frustrating. Gives a whole new perspective to, "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak."

Last edited by Batbite24; 10-21-2017 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Additional information
Batbite24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote