View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 09:55 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Had L4-5 fusion/laminectomy done a over ten year ago. Still dealt with pain. The surgeon that performed my surgery said I had more stenosis but only did this area since it was the worst.

I continued to have pain; eventually was recommended to see a Pain Management doctor. Went the Lyrica, /Cymbalta route for a short time which did not do well with the side effects. In the meantime developed Peripheral Neuropathy (PN).

Eventually saw another PM doctor did the Epidurals, failed SCS trial as well as pain medication. The opioid pain medication has helped the most to deal with the pain. I was put on a fairly high dose which I am in the process of tyrating to a lower dose; mostly because of the constipation side effect. I may eventually look into Tramadol in the future which is a much lesser opioid than Oxycontin.

Saw a well recommended spinal orthopedic surgeon a while back. After having a myleogram, he did say the stenosis etc.,was a problem. He did not recommend additional surgery but rather stay with Pain Management.

Wish I had better advice to give you. I know how frustrating you must be feeling. So many of us on NT deal with chronic pain.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (10-21-2017)