Thread: PN or Shingles
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 04:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm sorry you are suffering this, I see other people have posted you can have shingles and no rash appear. That's what happened with me, I had terrible pain and my GP had to explain to me shingles can occur without the rash. I had it from my right no9 rib spreading around to my spine and up to about T3. I couldn't bear touch and was unable to wear a bra for some conserable time. She gave me medication and a friend of mine got the little tubes of Zovirax and got my husband to gently spread it over my skin in the most affected area every morning. I see now there are cheaper versions of Zovirax which will give the same relief and less cost. I truly believe the Zovirax got me through, it combined with valtrex - go figure in the midst of it all, no doubt due to the stress I had a herpes outbreak. I'm lucky I don't get them often unlike some poor souls who suffer year in /out. Someone else told me to try listening to calming meditation chant/music he said the more I could calm my mind the quicker the episode would pass. I'm not sure if it's true but I gave everything a shot, when you're in that much pain you'll try anything. I can truly empathise with where you are right now. Oh and someone else told me vitamin D, get some sunshine on the effected area.... all the best, it will eventually pass, stay strong