View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 05:13 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
Hello Again Friends!

First let me thank all of you who took the time to write me on my other threads regarding pain meds in "Whats After Percocet" and some of my other ones involving my exposure to an unreal IED Blast in Iraq.

I'm still seeing same Pain Management Doc who has me on :
Percocet 10/325
Oxycontin 10mg
(has brought me down from 30mg 3 months ago)

And now has prescribed me Lyrica to use for the brutal nerve pain in my Cervical Spine, which is also treated with Facet Injections and RFA too.
There hasn't been anything that makes this pain subside so now he wants to try Lyrica - starting at 75mg for a week, then moving to 150mg after.

As I do with everything else, I researched this and found a number of issues that concern me. Some of them posted in other threads here too!
Like members having serious withdrawal symptoms coming off Lyrica - is this true??

I also felt a little dizzy this am after taking it, but it was along with all my other meds at same time (none of those make me dizzy though) That is described below inside this link.

Does Lyrica make you dizzy?

And then I found this one which is almost identical to me with the person using Percocet as well. What issues do I have to look forward to here??

Lyrica for Headaches?

Reading stuff like this before starting medication does get in your head and it sounds like all horror stories to me! Are there any members who DO NOT have any issues with Lyrica and does it truly help you and your pains?
Any comments, links, or advice is always welcome my friends!
Thanks for everything!
Gunny
I had monstrous results with Lyrica. Suicidal Thoughts (detached in some weird way), it generally made me feel ill, disrupted my circadian rhythm. It did not reduce my pain or neurapathy. I had trouble getting off of tis drug or the small time I was one it. I can't understand why they prescribe these horrifically expensive drugs, (for your insurance company) when their are other tried and true drugs that work, like Morphine. It's been around 100's of years, but since there is no money to be made with producing Morphine, as it's cheap as dirt, from legit sources, the pharmaceuticals come up with these drugs that are poison like. The an "Opiod" crisis is invented, and people who have pain issues are lumped together with drug addict users. What ever happened to the "Americans with Disabilities Act"? Sorry, my East Coast mentality. I wish you the best.
John Nevro User is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (10-22-2017)