View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 03:54 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
It sounds like you just had a thorough behavioral or neuro optometrist assessment (There is a large overlap between the two) and a Carrick chiro exam.

You did not mention above any of your symptoms beyond "I have ongoing mTBI/post-concussion syndrome symptoms." The "mTBI/PCS symptoms" is wide-ranging.

"VOR I used this term loosely for OPK testing done with the VNG which looked at color strip testing." Lost me again. VNG is a Carrick diagnostic but what are the other 2? Did you do the VNG in the chair?

How have you responded to any therapies?
Mark, Sorry .. for some reason I thought I mentioned specific symptoms. There are quite a few but most are typical PCS items ... light & sound sensitivity, excessive blinking, double vision, imbalance/unsteady, vertigo, nausea clumsiness, objects jumping, challenges reading, tonic pupils, clonus, fatigue, irritable, distracted, harder time focusing and comprehending, slurred speech, headache & visual migraine, intermittent insomnia, lingering brain fog, and a few others.

I did VNG at a balance center and Carrick practitioner. VOR = Vestibular occular reflex; OPK = Opto-kinetics. VOR and OPK tested at Carrick practitioner and neuro-optometrist.

Response to treatments has been slow overall from the beginning. I usually show good initial uptake, but then would have to work very hard to make significant progress. Even then the therapies have proved challenging to take hold permanently. While I worked very hard to get results, never got back to 100%.
Pete in WI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote